Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 3, Part 2

Monday, Aug 14, 2007.

From now on, I'll put the day of the week and date on the post, 'cause I am so losing track of what day it is.

After posting to the blog from an Aptos coffee shop, I talked with Jenny and Lena (daughter and wife, both of whom are currently in Sweden) via Skype. Pretty cool.

The trip to Pismo Beach took me through the Salinas valley, a major agricultural area. Lots of strawberries were being harvested.


Artichokes be big here too.


Next was a quick stop to have the surfboard blessed by Neptune and Minerva.



And after a lot of drivinng, I checked into the campground at Pismo Beach State Beach, and took a walk down the beach to check out the pier.




Remember, you can click on these images to see the full-size version.

I was really beat by the end of the day. A few hours of surfing in Santa Cruz, four hours of driving, then the long walk to the pier and back. I've got to cut down on these activities!

I had planned to drive to Santa Barbara early tomorrow and surf there, but since I'll be in S.B. for three days, I think I'll shoot the pier here tomorrow, and then head on down the coast.

No comments: